Fairlawn Primary School is a thriving, vibrant and happy school, where all members of our community are valued as individuals and feel safe.
We aim to:
- Encourage all pupils by fostering a love of learning through creative and engaging opportunities.
- Provide an inclusive learning environment, where all needs are met.
- Develop learners who are resilient, reflective, collaborative, curious and independent.
All of these aims are underpinned by our three core values:
- Friendship: we encourage the children to be caring, show appreciation and develop trust.
- Responsibility: through critical thinking, we give children the tools to make choices and to consider their role in an ever-changing world.
- Empathy: we model the importance of being considerate, reflective and understanding.
At the heart of all this is our commitment to listening to one another and finding opportunities for every voice to be heard.
Discover the magic of learning at Fairlawn…
Our school is an official Research Partner in the Education for Well-being programme.
We are working in partnership with the Evidence Based Practice Unit (Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families and UCL), which has been commissioned by the Department for Education. Together we are investigating the impact of five innovative approaches that aim to promote pupil well-being.
This cutting-edge research trial is the largest of its kind in the UK. Our contribution will improve understanding of how best to support children and young people’s mental health and well-being.